Friday, May 28, 2010

Interview with Kanika Bahl


Kanika Bahl is a textile designer from NID, Ahmedabad, and has been working in home furnishings and Indian textiles for more than 4 years now. Her interests include home interiors and world cultures. A Delhi girl, she recently got married and moved to Pune. She blogs at And Another and also manages another one ‘The Big Fat Indian Wedding‘ which she started as a preparation for her wedding!
Now, She is venturing into Indian Interior Designs and vows to blog more regularly! She reveals her secret plans to us in this interview where she speaks about her professional life, personal life, interests and lots more that we have this interview in two parts. Here is the first one.


Q: When and why did you start blogging?
A: I started writing my blog AND ANOTHER in February 2008. The blog came into being as a need for self expression and a creative outlet. I was working as a textile designer with an export house then and my blog gave me a respite from my routine. I could write about my inspirations and online finds and found a voice even if some days at work were dull.
Q: What topics do you generally blog about?
A: I blog about design- Indian and International that inspires me. Since I am a Textile Designer my inspirations come from the world of textiles, largely home textiles and then some fashion. I have become very interested in interior spaces recently so a lot of my posts are about that. I also like to cover some cultural aspects of India and upcoming Indian designers and works in my area of specialization. I blog about my travels and market finds…I blog about all things beautiful to me!
http://blog.blogadda.com/2010/05/20/kanika-bahl-nid-textile-designer-interview

No comments: